Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ducks in Lake in Park

Dear Henry Albert,

Flushing Meadow Park is in Queens (near my apartment). Queens has different people from all over the world. That is good. We meet all kinds of people and enjoy their customs and eat all kinds of different foods.

Last week, I went to the lake in Flushing Meadow Park. There were a lot of ducks and a lot of Chinese People.
(One duck has no head)
This week, I went back to the lake. There were not a lot of ducks. Ducks were missing. Also, no Chinese People. What happened to the ducks? I worried about the ducks.

When I was a little boy, I liked ducks a lot. Especially Donald Duck. I also liked Mickey Mouse. I considered Donald and Mickey personal friends.
The next day I was in Chinatown on Canal Street. I saw a terrible thing.
DON’T LOOK! There was a menu in the window of a Chinese Restaurant. The menu was eight pages long. On page 3 they listed Peking Duck.
.
Peking Duck? More likely Flushing Meadow Duck!

They probably also eat Flushing Meadow Mouse.

Yuch!
Some people from foreign lands eat foods that we don’t eat. Eating carrots and mashed green peas and turnips and oatmeal and stuff like that is OK. When you get older eating a hamburger or hot dog (it’s not a real dog, so don’t worry) could be OK.

BUT, you should never eat ducks or mouses.

No comments: